Click Banner To Return To Homepage

Monday, April 15, 2013

City Slick (Decay and Fluent)- The Money and His Fool



I recently interviewed Dibia$e of the Green Llama crew for my upcoming series on the Roland SP 303 and 404 samplers and the crazy burn both machines have been getting all over the Internet.  Since then, he has put me on to a whole gang of amazing music that I was completely unaware of, including the Llama group City Slick, which consists of rapper Decay and producer Fluent.  Dibia$e spoke highly of their 2011 release The Money and His Fool.  After giving the album a quick run through, the standout track for me is "The Believer".  I love everything about this song.  The beat, lyrics, and video are perfect.  The beat echoes late 90s/early 2000s independent goodnesss yet doesn't sound forced or dated.  Definitely worth your time and energy.   

No comments: