Click Banner To Return To Homepage

Monday, August 12, 2013

14KT Making A Beat with Cool Edit

Those of you who follow my blog already know that I am a fan of Detroit producer 14KT.  I'm eagerly awaiting the release of his Nickel & Dimed album after being blown away by the audio trailer.  While my other post on 14KT showed him using Native Instrument's Maschine, he is one of several producers I've featured on Heavy In The Streets who has utilized the multi-track software Cool Edit (now Adobe Audition).  Nick Tha 1da gets credit for putting me on to this video of 14KT making a beat with Cool Edit during my recent interview with him.  My favorite part of the video starts around the 5 minute mark where 14KT compares the sampling process in Cool Edit to the MPC.  He states that with Cool Edit, "There's so much freedom, because it's like a blank sheet of paper."  This video serves as further proof that you can make great music with any program as long as you take a creative, positive approach.      

2 comments:

pipomixes said...

I was waiting for this one since you mentioned it last week

DJ SORCE-1 said...

Hey Pipo,

What did you think of it? Pretty nice stuff. 14KT has a new album dropping soon that I'm certain will be absolute fire.