Click Banner To Return To Homepage

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Egypt

In seven hours, I'm boarding a plane to go here...



Don't expect shit in terms of posts while I'm there, I'm leaving the laptop alone for the next eight days. As I sit here loading my IPOD (I only have a 2 gig one), I've painstakingly handpicked each selection with the utmost care. Some Mr. Dibbs, a bit of Cosmo Baker, The Brief Encounter, etc. etc. One name that is taking up quite a bit of space is a cat named Damu The Fudgemonk. I forget where I first heard of dude, but holy shit is he killing it on the beats tip.

I particular, I'm feeling his Overtime album, which you can download for free, compliments of Damu, by clicking here.

Songs like this have had me doing a whole hell of a lot of rewinding.

Pulse (Official Mix)- Damu The Fudgemonk



What I like about Damu is that he has a throwback vibe that doesn't sound stale or dated. If his output thus far is any indication of what is to come, I'd say Damu is a name you better get familiar with.

Anyhow, I gotta get my shit together and head out for Cairo! To everyone who has been checking the blog as of late, THANK YOU. Wherever you are at, I appreciate you stopping by to show love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must've been something else. I just read an awesome piece last night on Egyptian graverobbers and the ingenious & stealthy techniques and fearless mentality they had while digging tunnels, out-smarting boobytraps, and ultimatley stealing immortality away from buried souls while risking the worst types of deaths themselves. How 'bout some stories, G?