Click Banner To Return To Homepage

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sabzi Interview/Beat Making Video

I have a very personal connection to the music of Seattle group Blue Scholars.  My cousin raps and one of my favorite songs of his was done over the "Loyalty" beat.  I also took my fiance to a Blue Scholars/Bambu show in Northampton, MA on our second date.  For the record, both acts absolutely destroyed it.

I've always dug Sabzi's production and was curious about what equipment he uses to make beats.  A while back I found a great three part interview/beat making video where he explains why he chose Acid Pro for producing.  He also creates a beat live and breaks down his creative process.  Sabzi is part of a growing group of producers that I am learning about who use Acid Pro to make music.  After watching videos like this, I myself am revisiting my version of Acid 4.0 to see what I can do with it.

I am including the third video below.  Also make sure to check out the first two.    

No comments: