Click Banner To Return To Homepage

Monday, July 29, 2013

"Rhythm Roulette" with Lee Bannon

Mass Appeal has done a great job with their "Rhythm Roulette" series.  The idea is simple: have a producer go to a nearby record store, throw on a blindfold, and randomly select three records.  The producer then has to construct a beat from the records selected.  Both the concept and the execution are flawless.  I hope Mass Appeal recognizes how stellar this idea is and continues to run with it.

While watching the Lee Bannon and Statik Selektah entries, I couldn't help but notice that Lee Bannon rocks an SP-404  with Ableton to make beats.  I have heard some of Bannon's tracks before but was not aware that he used a 404.  Hopefully I've discovered another dope producer who I can talk to for 303s and 404s.



No comments: